Thursday, May 28, 2009

My "panel" is finished!

Today I worked on the "panel" part of the quilt. I enlarged the shadow on my computer and printed it out. I then took my fusible webbing and ironed it onto the back of the black material. Then, I outlined the shadow onto the paper side of the fusing, careful to outline it on the wrong side - golfer on right - so when you turn the material around, the shadow has the golfer on the left.
I also have my 5" squares (golf cart fussy cuts) and and the 2 1/2 " rectangles ready to attach. However, I don't have the little 2 1/2 " squares cut yet. I'm still debating what colors to use.
Unfortunately, the colors of the picture are not as true as I would like - the blue should be less violet and the green more of a lime.

If you would like to see the line Hole In One, please visit the good folks at Fat Quarter World!

http://www.fatquarterworld.com


I now have a deadline for this quilt - June 6th is Jack's birthday but I want him to have it by the 7th at the latest because the 8th is his next treatment. So the deadline is a good thing. That means I have to get off my duff and get to work! What? Don't you work well under pressure of a deadline? LOL!

Oh and more good news - my dd Steph and grandson Aiden will be home mid-June on leave from the Navy. Soooo looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment